Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reflecting God by Creating

Hi! This is a fun way to pass the time. Its cool to read what your friends and people in your world are thinking. I decided not to do a profile. I figure that the things that are included in this space are my profile.

This is my first entry. I found some stuff I like and so I'm going to blog about it.

Aaron Copland is one of my favorite American composers. (See video clips below.) I have been listening to his music since forever and again this summer. Though I don't know what he thinks about his creativity as it relates to his Creator, I believe that a person who can compose such complicated, moving, and beautiful scores is reflecting the reality of God's presence in the earth. I know there is debate over where this music comes from but I'm not even talking about that right now. I just think this is one of those instances where the reality of the God-head can be clearly seen (heard), being manifested in the things He created.

Beauty has its origins in Heaven. Complex creativity is part of God's nature; feigned beauty, masquerading angels, self-glorifying human composition all have their original untainted source in the Life of God. Before there was feigned beauty, there was Beauty Himself; before angels masqueraded, they were true worshipers of the One. And before humans felt the need for self-glorification, they knew that by creating they were reflecting their Maker. "Be like Us", said God, "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, and have dominion..." Reflecting God. Creating.

No comments: