Monday, October 22, 2007

tentmaking

The marketplace can be a really fun place to be. Consider the myriad of weird viewpoints that people carry with them. There are daily opportunities to speak Truth into the culture.

I envision the apostle/tentmaker Paul sitting/standing/working in the warehouse cutting and sewing canvas, listening to the weird viewpoints of the people around him and out of a sincere heart of concern, with a great sense of understanding, humor, and love of the Truth, setting things right in his world.

I know from the past that, over time, the frustration of seeing co-workers not respond to Truth could get discouraging, but I also recall that when problems arose, I was usually the one they wanted to talk to.

Keep a sharp sword; there's alot of wacky stuff out there! Speak the Truth.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Did Loretta drop her blog? I can't get to it. :(

The Academy Against Apathy said...

Hey, Pastor Mike......I had a great time working on the music the Lord has blessed you with. I hope I can be of help when you need me. I hope we all can. It's such a blessing to know you and the rest of the team I need to draw from your inspirational spirits more often. You are blessed in you going out and your coming in. And your hands prosper at what ever they put to.