Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where do you go?

Do you have a favorite place to go to get quiet and where you get recharged? There are places that, even when I think of them, refresh my soul.

I drove down by the Fox River the other day and in just the few seconds it took to wind down the path along the water, I found myself getting quiet inside. Its odd, because the music I was listening to was really loud; like rock and/or roll. But I decided right then, this could become a favorite place. Some of my other favorite places are Jackson Hole, Wyoming; Winchester, Virginia; the
stretch of road on Massachusetts Avenue between Wisconsin Avenue and Decatur Place, in NW Washington, D.C.; and a tiny Methodist Campground village in Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania called Mt. Gretna. Some of these places are refreshing for nostalgic reasons and some are just flat-out, drop-your-jaw awesome.I was going to make a profound spiritual connection with all of this, but I think I'll quit here and let the reader carry on. Where do you go?

4 comments:

Loretta said...

Wherever it is, can I go too?

Lex said...

I go to your house.

Tami said...

ditto on Mike and Loretta's house. :) also, North Park in Amery used to be a favorite; downtown Waterford City, Ireland - solace in the midst of crowds; the State Park at Myrtle Beach and my own deck with the sunbrella up.

KnowYourGod said...

For me being a youngin' and having moved around so much I can't think of The or even A place like that specifically except CITW, any service, any time i just love it there. I can get into the presence of God and meet with Him, I miss it. and ya'll :)