Sunday, August 12, 2007

resisting extinction

Pastor's message this morning was really good. In part of it he was talking about change. Change is good when we can face it with the right perspective. Sometimes the reaction to change is fear. I have actually been facing the idea of some things chaning in my life and admitedly my reaction was not good at first. I used to be a person who loved change and even recently described myself in that way by saying, "I like moving into 'what's new and what's the latest'". Then the real prospect of change came my way. I found myself getting fearful. I thought, does my reaction mean I am getting old? I am turning into a dinosaur?

Here's the good news I received into my spirit today: "no matter what you are facing, if you've gotten this far by faith, God is not going to drop you now."

Bring it...

2 comments:

david santos said...

Good work, thank you

KnowYourGod said...

Yea i'm like you mike, i like change but only when I am initiating it :) when God moves "my stuff" around i get all ruffled, then i remember who i am, and who He is.